- IPA: /ˌɒk.səˈdɛn.təl/
- Of, pertaining to, or situated in, the occident, or west; western. [from 16th c.]
- occidental climates, or customs; an occidental planet.
- Of a gem or precious stone: of inferior value or quality. [from 18th c.]
- (western) oriental
occidental (plural occidentals)
- A Western Christian of the Latin rite
- Most occidentals resident in South China have joined the Chinese in their zealous enthusiasm for the lychee.
- An artificial language, created by Edgar de Wahl later renamed Interlingue shortly before the publication of Interlingua
- A census-designated place in Sonoma County, California.
occidental (not comparable)
- Alternative letter-case form of occidental