- (British): enPR: ōʹgəl, IPA: /ˈəʊɡəl/ or (nonstandard, perhaps by analogy with goggle) enPR: ŏgʹəl, IPA: /ˈɒɡəl/
- (America): enPR: ōʹgəl, IPA: /ˈoʊɡəl/, /ˈɑɡəl/
ogle (ogles, present participle ogling; past and past participle ogled)
- (transitive, intransitive) To stare at (someone or something), especially impertinently, amorously, or covetously.
- And ogling all their audience, ere they speak.
- French: reluquer, mater (familiar)
- German: liebäugeln
- Italian: guardare con desiderio, osservare con desiderio
- Russian: стро́ить гла́зки
ogle (plural ogles)Translations
- Russian: коке́тливый взгляд
- A village in Northumberland, England (OS grid ref NZ1378).
- An unincorporated community in Clay County, Kentucky.