olio (plural olios)
- A rich, thick, Spanish#Adjective|Spanish stew#Noun|stew consisting of meat and vegetables.
- (figuratively) A medley or mixture; a hotchpotch.
- 1704, [Jonathan Swift], “Section VII. A Digression in Praise of Digressions.”, in A Tale of a Tub. […], London: Printed for John Nutt, […], OCLC 752990886 ↗, page 136 ↗:
- The late Refinements in Knowledge, running parallel to thoſe of Dyet in our Nation, which among Men of a judicious Taſte, are dreſt up in various Compounds, conſiſting in Soups and Ollios, Fricaſſées and Ragouſts.
- (figuratively) A collection of various musical#Adjective|musical, theatrical or other artistic work#Noun|works; a miscellany.
- (figuratively, by extension) Vaudeville or similar miscellaneous musical or theatrical entertainment skits present#Verb|presented between the main#Adjective|main act#Noun|acts of burlesque or minstrel show#Noun|shows.