- (not comparable) Moving forward.
- There was an onward rush as the gates opened.
- Advanced in a forward direction or toward an end.
- Within a while, Philoxenus came to see how onward the fruits were of his friend's labour.
onward (not comparable)
- In a forward direction.
- French: en avant
- German: vorwärts
- Italian: in avanti, in poi
- Portuguese: para diante, a partir de agora, avante
- Russian: вперёд
- Spanish: (spatial direction) hacia adelante, para adelante, de frente; (temporal direction) en adelante, a partir de ahora
onward (onwards, present participle onwarding; past and past participle onwarded)