opine (opines, present participle opining; past and past participle opined)
- (intransitive) To have or express an opinion; to state as an opinion; to suppose, consider (that).
- I opined that matters would soon become considerably worse.
- "Your decisions," she opined, "have been unfailingly disastrous for this company."
- (intransitive) To give one's formal opinion (on or upon something).
- I had to opine on the situation because I thought a different perspective was in order.
opine (plural opines)
- (biochemistry) Any of a class of organic compounds, derived from amino acids, found in some plant tumours
- Italian: opina