- IPA: /ˈoʊvə(ɹ)ˌsaɪt/
- An omission; something that is left out, missed or forgotten.
- A small oversight at this stage can lead to big problems later.
- Supervision or management.
- The bureaucracy was subject to government oversight.
- Portuguese: superintendência, chefia, monitoração, acompanhamento, supervisão
- Russian: надзо́р
- Spanish: vigilancia
oversight (oversights, present participle oversighting; past and past participle oversighted)
- (transitive, nonstandard) To oversee; to supervise.
- (internet, transitive, Wiktionary and WMF jargon) To suppress content in a way that removes or minimizes its visibility or viewability.