paltry (comparative paltrier, superlative paltriest)
- Trashy, trivial, of little value.
- Synonyms: insignificant, unimportant, petty, trivial
- This is indeed a paltry flyer about a silly product.
- She made some paltry excuse and left.
- Of little monetary worth.
- Synonyms: meager, worthless, pitiful, trifling
- Could someone hope to survive on such a paltry income?
- Student grants these days are paltry, and many students have to take out loans.
- French: dérisoire
- German: geringfügig, dürftig
- Italian: ridicolo, insignificante, modesto, irrisorio, insufficiente, miserabile
- Portuguese: pobre, insignificante
- Russian: пустяко́вый
- Spanish: insignificante, ridículo
- French: misérable, dérisoire
- German: mager, armselig, schäbig
- Russian: жа́лкий
- Spanish: irrisorio, miserable