paramedic (plural paramedics)
- An individual trained to medically stabilize people through various interventions, victims of trauma or medical events outside of a hospital setting and preparing them for transport to a medical facility.
- (US) An individual who is licensed at the state or national level to practice medical interventions in an emergency pre-hospital setting.
- French: ambulancier, ambulancière, brancardier, brancardière
- German: Sanitäter, Sanitäterin, Rettungssanitäter, Rettungssanitäterin, Sanitätspersonal (collective noun)
- Italian: paramedico
- Portuguese: paramédico, paramédica
- Russian: санита́р
- Spanish: paramédico, paramédica