pastime (plural pastimes)
- Something which amuses, and serves to make time pass agreeably
- Chatting is a pleasant pastime.
- 1977, Agatha Christie, chapter 4, in An Autobiography, part I, London: Collins, →ISBN:
- An indulgent playmate, Grannie would lay aside the long scratchy-looking letter she was writing (heavily crossed ‘to save notepaper’) and enter into the delightful pastime of ‘a chicken from Mr Whiteley's’.
- French: passe-temps
- German: Zeitvertreib
- Italian: passatempo
- Portuguese: passatempo
- Russian: (прия́тное) времяпрепровожде́ние
- Spanish: pasatiempo
pastime (pastimes, present participle pastiming; past and past participle pastimed)