- IPA: /ˈpɛlɪt/
pellet (plural pellets)
- A small, compressed, hard chunk of matter.
- a pellet of wood, paper, or ore
- A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns.
- Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls. Serves as a waste disposal mechanism for indigestible parts of food, such as fur and bones.
- (heraldiccharge) A roundel sable (black circular spot; also called ogress).
- One of the short conductive tubes in a Pelletron particle accelerator.
- French: plomb
- Portuguese: pelota de chumbo, chumbinho
pellet (pellets, present participle pelleting; past and past participle pelleted)
- To form into pellets.
- Synonyms: pelletize
- To strike with pellets.