- authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority)
- Sire, do I have your permission to execute this traitor?
- The act of permitting.
- (computing) Flags or access control lists pertaining to a file that dictate who can access it, and how.
- I used the "chmod" command to change the file's permission.
- French: permission
- German: Erlaubnis, Gestattung, Genehmigung
- Italian: permesso
- Portuguese: permissão
- Russian: разреше́ние
- Spanish: permiso, venia, beneplácito
permission (permissions, present participle permissioning; past and past participle permissioned)
- (transitive) To grant or obtain authorization for.