perquisite (plural perquisites)
- (chiefly in the plural) Any monetary or other incidental benefit beyond salary.
- The perquisites of this job include health insurance and a performance bonus.
- A gratuity.
- After the wonderful service that evening he didn’t hesitate in laying a substantial perquisite on the table.
- 1900, Joseph Conrad, Lord Him', ch 5:
- One voyage, I recollect, I tipped him a live sheep out of the remnant of my sea-stock: not that I wanted him to do anything for me—he couldn’t, you know—but because his childlike belief in the sacred right to perquisites quite touched my heart.
- A privilege or possession held or claimed exclusively by a certain person, group or class.
- Private jets and motor yachts are a perquisite of the rich.
- French: gratification
- German: Vergünstigung, Extra, Zusatzleistung
- Portuguese: benefício
- Russian: льго́та
- Spanish: beneficios