- (GA) IPA: /pɚˈspɛktɪv/
- A view, vista or outlook.
- The appearance of depth in objects, especially as perceived using binocular vision.
- The technique of representing three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface.
- (dated) An artwork that represents three-dimensional objects in this way.
- (figuratively) The choice of a single angle or point of view from which to sense, categorize, measure or codify experience.
- The ability to consider things in such relative perspective.
- A perspective glass.
- […] our predecessors; who could never have believed, that there were such lunets about some of the planets, as our late perspectives have descried […]
- A sound recording technique to adjust and integrate sound sources seemingly naturally.
perspective (not comparable)
- Of, in or relating to perspective.
- a perspective drawing
- (obsolete) Providing visual aid; of or relating to the science of vision; optical.
- French: perspectif
- Portuguese: perspectivo, perspéctico