- (British) IPA: /ˈfəʊ.tə.ˌɡɹɑːf/, [ˈfəʊ.tʰə̥.ˌɡɹ̠ɑːf]
- (America) IPA: /ˈfoʊ.tə.ˌɡɹæf/, [ˈfŏʊ.ɾə.ˌɡɹ̠æf]
photograph (plural photographs)
- A picture created by projecting an image onto a photosensitive surface such as a chemically treated plate or film, CCD receptor, etc.
- French: photographie, photo
- German: Photographie, Fotografie, Foto, Lichtbild, Bild
- Italian: fotografia, foto
- Portuguese: fotografia, foto, retrato
- Russian: фотогра́фия
- Spanish: fotografía, foto
photograph (photographs, present participle photographing; past and past participle photographed)
- (transitive) To take a photograph of.
- He makes his pen drawing on white paper, and they are afterwards photographed on wood.
- He is photographed on my mind.
- (intransitive) To take photographs.
- (intransitive) To appear in a photograph.
- She photographs well. The camera loves her.
- French: photographier
- German: fotografieren
- Italian: fotografare
- Portuguese: fotografar
- Russian: фотографи́ровать
- Spanish: fotografiar, tomar una foto