- present participle of pierce#English|pierce
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to pierce.
- A hole made in the body so that jewellery/jewelry can be worn through it.
- ear piercing
- An item of jewelry designed to be fitted through a piercing.
- French: piercing
- German: Piercing
- Italian: foro
- Portuguese: piercing
- Russian: пи́рсинг
- Spanish: pirsin, perforación
- Appearing to look deeply into; penetrating.
- piercing eyes
- Of temperature, extremely cold so that it penetrates through clothing and shelter.
- Of sound, loud and sharp; shrill.
- The piercing noise of the children could be heard two blocks from the elementary school.