plateau (plural plateaus)
- A largely level expanse of land at a high elevation; tableland.
- A comparatively stable level in something that varies.
- (dated) An ornamental dish for the table; a tray or salver.
- (sports, broadcasting) A notable level of attainment or achievement.
- French: plateau
- German: Hochebene, Plateau
- Italian: altopiano,
- Portuguese: planalto, platô, altiplano
- Russian: плато́
- Spanish: meseta, altiplano
- German: Plateau
plateau (plateaus, present participle plateauing; past and past participle plateaued)
- (intransitive) To reach a stable level; to level off.