- IPA: /ˈpleɪfəl/
playful (comparative playfuller, superlative playfullest)
- liking play, prone to play frequently, such as a child or kitten; rather sportive.
- Actually, we are pretty playful in our romantic life.
- funny, humorous, jesting, frolicsome.
- John is a playful fellow.
- A party hat is a playful conical hat people wear at parties.
- fun, recreational, not serious.
- A brainteaser is a playful puzzle posed as a test of intelligence.
- He was a rather playful artist.
- French: folâtre, enjoué, joueur
- German: verspielt
- Italian: giocherellone, giocondo
- Portuguese: brincalhão
- Russian: игри́вый
- Spanish: juguetón