- (British) IPA: /ˈplʌmɪŋ/
- The pipes, together with the joints, tanks, stopcocks, taps and other fixtures of a water, gas or sewage system in a house or other building.
- The trade or occupation of a plumber.
- (informal) A system of vessels or ducts in the human body, especially the genitourinary system.
- My plumbing was playing up, so I had to see the doctor.
- (informal, figurative) Practical, concrete work serving to support other work.
- This is not scientific research as such: it's just plumbing.
- (countable) A Murasugi sum where each disk summed along has its boundary subdivided into four segments.
- (genitourinary system) waterworks (informal)
- French: tuyauterie, plomberie
- German: Verrohrung, Rohrleitung
- Italian: impianto idraulico, rubinetteria
- Portuguese: encanamento
- Russian: санте́хника
- Spanish: cañería
- French: plomberie
- German: Klempnerei, Klempnerarbeit
- Italian: lavoro di idraulico
- Spanish: fontanería, plomería
- French: plombage