pod (plural pods)
- (botany) A seed case for legumes (e.g. peas, beans, peppers); a seedpod.
- Synonyms: capsule, case, container, hull, husk, shell, seedpod, vessel
- A small vehicle, especially used in emergency situations.
- (obsolete, UK, dialect) A bag; a pouch.
- (collective, zoology) A group of whales, dolphins, seals, porpoises or hippopotami.
- Synonyms: gam
- A small section of a larger office, compartmentalised for a specific purpose.
- A subsection of a prison, containing a number of inmates.
- A nicotine cartridge.
- French: cosse, gousse (legume seeds)
- German: Schote, Hülse
- Italian: buccia, baccello
- Portuguese: vagem
- Russian: стручо́к
- Spanish: vaina
- French: nacelle
- Italian: capsula, navicella
- Portuguese: cápsula
- Russian: ка́псула
- Spanish: cápsula de escape
pod (pods, present participle podding; past and past participle podded)
- (intransitive) To bear or produce pods
- (transitive) To remove peas from their case.
- (transitive, intransitive) To put into a pod or to enter a pod.
- (intransitive) To swell or fill.
- (uncountable, publishing) Initialism of print on demand
- (mail) Initialism of proof of delivery
- (uncountable, programming) Initialism of plain old data