- Having no point or sharp tip; terminating squarely or in a rounded end.
- a pointless sword
- a pointless knife
- Having no prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.
- a pointless remark
- The sequel to the film was even more pointless than the original
- Having no purpose; purposeless; unable to effect an aim.
- '' Since the decision has already been made, further discussion seems pointless.
- (mathematics) Without points.
- a pointless topology
- (having no point or tip) blunt, dull, obtuse
- (having no purpose) needless, purposeless, redundant, superfluous
- (mathematics: without points) point-free
- French: inutile, vain
- German: sinnlos, witzlos, zwecklos, unnütz
- Portuguese: inútil
- Russian: бессмы́сленный
- Spanish: inútil, vano, innecesario