polar (not comparable)
- Of or having a pole or polarity.
- (geography) Of, relating to, measured from, or referred to a geographic pole (the North Pole or South Pole); within the Arctic or Antarctic circles.
- (space sciences) Of an orbit that passes over, or near, one of these poles.
- (chemistry) Having a dipole; ionic.
- (mathematics) Of a coordinate system, specifying the location of a point in a plane by using a radius and an angle.
- (linguistics, of a question) Having but two possible answers, yes and no.
polar (plural polars)
- (geometry) The line joining the points of contact of tangents drawn to meet a curve from a point called the pole of the line.