- IPA: /pɒns/
ponce (plural ponces)
- (UK, pejorative slang) A man living off another's earnings, especially a woman's.
- (British, Australian, Irish, pejorative slang) Synonym of poof#English|poof: an effeminate male homosexual; any similarly effeminate man. 
- (kept man) cicisbeo, sugar baby
- (pimp) fleshmonger, hustler, mack; see also Thesaurus:pimp
- (effeminate male homosexual) fairy, nelly; see also Thesaurus:male homosexual
- (effeminate man) cockney, girlyman, quiche-eater; see also Thesaurus:effeminate man
ponce (ponces, present participle poncing; past ponced, past participle ponced)
- (British, slang) To act as a pimp.
- (British, slang) Hence, to try to get rid of or proactively sell something.
- (British, pejorative) To behave in a posh or effeminate manner.
- (British, slang) To borrow (something) from somebody without returning it.
- a city and municipality in the south of Puerto Rico.