- Having a large population.
- ''China is the most populous country in the world.
- (of a, language) Spoken by a large number of people.
- Chinese is the most populous language.
, Victoria Fromkin, Robert Rodman, Nina M. Hyams, An Introduction to Language ISBN 1111784094, page 524:
- The Sino-Tibetan family includes Mandarin, the most populous language in the world, spoken by more than one billion Chinese.
- Densely populated.
- The Nile delta is a populous region.
- Crowded with people.
- Airport departure halls are often populous places during the rush hours.
- French: populeux
- German: volkreich, bevölkerungsreich
- Portuguese: populoso
- Russian: густонаселённый
- Spanish: muy poblado, populoso