- IPA: /ˈpɹɛf(ə)ɹ(ə)ns/
- The selection of one thing or person over others (with the main adposition being "for" in relation to the thing or person, but possibly also "of")
- He has a preference for crisp wines.
- The option to so select, and the one selected.
- Can I keep my preferences when I upgrade to the new version of this application?
- The state of being preferred over others.
- A strong liking or personal valuation.
- A preferential bias; partiality; discrimination.
preference (preferences, present participle preferencing; past and past participle preferenced)Noun
- Preferans, a card game, principally played in Eastern Europe.