- (broadcasting) The designing, scheduling or planning of a radio or television program/programme.
- The network changed its programming to mess with DVRs again.
- (computing) The act of writing a computer program.
- Management wanted to know how much programming the project would need.
- The software that controls a machine, or the logic expressed in such software; operating instructions.
- A robot's programming doesn't allow for love.
- French: programmation
- German: Programmierung, Programmieren
- Italian: programmazione
- Portuguese: programação
- Russian: программи́рование
- Spanish: programación
- present participle of program#English|program
- present participle of programme#English|programme
- I was programming a new module for the software package.
- He was programming the VCR.