- Engaging in sexual activity with another person for pay.
- The FBI typically does not investigate adult prostitution, leaving it as a state and local matter, but in recent years it has made child prostitution a priority in a program the FBI calls Operation Cross Country. The program includes highway billboards asking people to call the FBI with tips.
- Her addiction brought her to the point that prostitution was the only means she had to survive.
- (by extension) Debasement for profit or impure motives.
- The television advertising job was a prostitution of the talents of one of the great writers of the century.
- child prostitution
- French: prostitution
- German: Prostitution
- Italian: prostituzione
- Portuguese: prostituição
- Russian: проститу́ция
- Spanish: prostitución