- IPA: /pɹəˈtɛkt/
protect (protects, present participle protecting; past and past participle protected)
- (ambitransitive) To keep safe; to defend; to guard; to prevent harm coming to.
- to protect a child from danger
- This antivirus package will protect your computer from hackers.
- Condoms are designed to protect against sexually-transmitted diseases.
- (travel, aviation) To book a passenger on a later flight if there is a chance they will not be able to board their earlier reserved flight.
- French: protéger
- German: schützen
- Italian: proteggere
- Portuguese: proteger
- Russian: защища́ть
- Spanish: proteger