psalm (plural psalms)
- (religion, music) A sacred song; a poetical composition for use in the praise or worship of God.
- One of the hymns by David and others, collected into one book of the Old Testament, or a modern metrical version of such a hymn for public worship.
psalm (psalms, present participle psalming; past and past participle psalmed)
- To extol in psalms; to make music; to sing
- to psalm his praises.
- 2012, George D. Manjounes, Good Morning, Morning Glory
- I psalmed like a Moslem high in his mosque. And like a Greek priest, I sang the divine liturgy of St. John Chrysostom.