- (British) IPA: /pəˈsjuːt/, /pɜːˈsjuːt/, /pəˈʃuːt/, /pɜːˈʃuːt/
- (America) IPA: /pɝˈsuːt/
- (Australia) IPA: /pəˈʃʉːt/, /pəˈsʉːt/
- The act of pursuing.
- Unremitting pursuit of wealth doesn't bring happiness, particularly if successful.
- A hobby or recreational activity, done regularly.
- (cycling) A discipline in track cycling where two opposing teams start on opposite sides of the track and try to catch their opponents.
- (legal, obsolete) prosecution
- That pursuit for tithes ought, and of ancient time did pertain to the spiritual court.
- (hobby) See also Thesaurus:hobby
- French: poursuite
- German: Verfolgung
- Italian: ricerca, perseguimento, caccia
- Portuguese: perseguição
- Russian: пресле́дование
- Spanish: persecución
- Italian: passatempo
- Russian: заня́тие