- (British, America) IPA: /ɹæd/
rad (comparative radder, superlative raddest)
- (slang) Clipping of radical#English|radical; excellent
rad (plural rads)
- (metrology) A non-SI unit of absorbed dose of radiation, equal to 0.01 gray.
- Synonyms: rd
- cot en
- Abbreviation of radian#English|radian.
- (automotive, plumbing, slang) Abbreviation of radiator#English|radiator.
- (firearms, slang) Abbreviation of sight radius.
- (NASA, space) Initialism of Radiation Assessment Detector a scientific instrument of the Mars Science Laboratory onboard the Curiosity rover at Mars.