- (uncountable) A method of detecting distant objects and determining their position, velocity, or other characteristics by analysis of sent radio waves (usually microwaves) reflected from their surfaces
- (countable) A type of system using such method, differentiated by platform, configuration, frequency, power, and other technical attributes.
- (countable) An installation of such a system or of the transmitting and receiving apparatus.
- (countable, figuratively) A superior ability to detect something.
- His sensitive radar for hidden alliances keeps him out of trouble.
- RADAR acronym of radio detection and ranging
- German: Radar, Funkmessgerät
- Italian: radiotelemetro, radar
- Portuguese: radar
- Russian: рада́р
- Spanish: radar
radar (radars, present participle radaring; past and past participle radared)
- To scan with radar, or as if with radar.
- IPA: /ˈɹeɪdɑː(ɹ)/
- radar conversion of acronym into noun