- IPA: /ˈɹætʃɪt/
ratchet (plural ratchets)
- A pawl, click
or detent for holding or propelling a ratchet wheel, or ratch, etc.
- A mechanism composed of a ratchet wheel, or ratch and pawl.
- A ratchet wrench.
- (by extension) A procedure or regulation that goes in one direction, usually up.
ratchet (ratchets, present participle ratcheting; past and past participle ratcheted)
- (transitive) To cause to become incremented or decremented.
- It's time to ratchet up the intensity level here.
- (intransitive) To increment or decrement.
- Italian: munire di arpionismo
- Italian: funzionare grazie ad un arpionismo