ratio (plural ratios)
- A number representing a comparison between two named things.
- (arithmetic) The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
- (legal) Short for ratio decidendi#English|ratio decidendi.
- (Internet) The amount of comments to a post or other expression on social media relative to the number of likes.
- There is no ratio but the ratio, and it seems like everybody on social media is its prophet.
- French: rapport m (1), ratio
- Italian: ragione, rapporto
- Portuguese: razão
- Russian: отноше́ние
- Spanish: razón, cociente, relación, ratio
ratio (ratios, present participle ratioing; past and past participle ratioed)
- (transitive, social media) To respond to a post or message on social media in a greater number than the number of likes the post receives.
- The schoolchildren ganged up to ratio the school catering over its shamefully undemocratic inclusion of vegetables in meals.