- IPA: /ɹɛkəˈlɛkʃən/
- The act of recollecting, or recalling to the memory; the act of recalling to memory
- Synonyms: reminiscence, remembrance
- The power of recalling ideas to the mind, or the period within which things can be recollected; remembrance
- Alas that distant event isn't within my recollection anymore.
- That which is recollected; something called to mind; a reminiscence.
- One of his earliest recollections." - Thomas Babington Macaulay.
- (archaic or Catholicism) The act or practice of collecting or concentrating the mind; concentration; self-control.
- From such an education Charles contracted habits of gravity and recollection.
- In a world filled with media and electronic devices, recollection can be difficult.
- (Catholicism) A spiritual retreat, especially one that is short.
- Portuguese: recordação
- Russian: воспомина́ние
- IPA: /ɹiˌkəˈlɛkʃən/
- Process of collecting again.