- IPA: /ˌɹɛkəmɛnˈdeɪʃən/, /ˌɹɛkəmənˈdeɪʃən/
- An act of recommending.
- That which is recommended.
- A commendation or endorsement.
- Your next employer may require a recommendation.
- A suggestion or proposal about the best course of action (with adpositions including "about" for the context and "to" for the course of action)
- He made a recommendation about what food to order.
- We followed the recommendation to order sushi.
- See also Thesaurus:advice
- French: recommandation
- German: Empfehlung
- Italian: raccomandazione
- Portuguese: recomendação
- Russian: рекоменда́ция
- Spanish: recomendación