- IPA: /ˌɹɛkənˌsɪlɪˈeɪʃən/, /ˌɹɛkənˌsɪliˈeɪʃən/
- The reestablishment of friendly relations; conciliation or rapprochement.
- He longed for reconciliation with his estranged father, but too many painful memories kept him from making contact again.
- (theology) The end of estrangement between a human and God as a result of the process of atonement.
- A Roman Catholic sacrament involving contrition, confession, punishment and absolution; penance.
- (accounting) Process of matching, comparing and agreeing figures from accounting records against those presented on a bank statement, including list of explainable differences.
- French: réconciliation, raccommodement
- German: Versöhnung, Aussöhnung, Wiederaussöhnung, Wiederversöhnung, Schlichtung
- Italian: ravvicinamento
- Portuguese: reconciliação, conciliação
- Russian: примире́ние
- Spanish: reconciliación
- German: Rekonziliation
- Portuguese: reconciliação
- French: réconciliation, rapprochement
- German: Abgleich, Abstimmung, Übereinstimmung, Schlichtung, Überleitung
- Italian: riconciliazione
- Russian: согласова́ние