- The action or process of rectifying.
- the rectification of an error; the rectification of spirits
- 1847, Thomas De Quincey, Secret Societies, originally published in parts in Tait's Edinburgh Magazine, reprinted in 1863, Thomas De Quincey, Judas Iscariot and Other Writings, [https://books.google.com.au/books?id=xPoXAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA274&dq=%22of+his+views,+he+was+incapable+of+compromise+with+profounder+shapes+of+error%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8rpHzu5jNAhWjq6YKHbqUD8wQ6AEIQzAH#v=onepage&q=%22of%20his%20views%2C%20he%20was%20incapable%20of%20compromise%20with%20profounder%20shapes%20of%20error%22&f=false page 274],
- […] as after the rectification of his views, he was incapable of compromise with profounder shapes of error.
- (geometry) The determination of a straight line whose length is equal to a portion of a curve.
- (geometry) The truncation of a polyhedron by replacing each vertex with a face that passes though the midpoint of each edge connected to the vertex; an analogous procedure on a polytope of dimension higher than 3.
- (astronomy) The adjustment of a globe preparatory to the solution of a proposed problem.
- (chemistry, chemical engineering) Purification of a substance through repeated or continuous distillation.
- birectification (geometry)
- Russian: исправле́ние