- IPA: /ɹəˈʒiːm/, /ɹeɪˈʒiːm/, /ˈɹeɪʒiːm/
regime (plural regimes)
- Mode of rule or management.
- a prison regime
- A form of government, or the government in power.
- a capitalist regime
- A period of rule.
- A regulated system; a regimen.
- a fitness regime
- Heaven will eliminate the tyrannical regimes.
- 2017: "The Cake Is Just the Beginning" by Mark Joseph Stern, Slate
- Gorsuch’s theory would hobble this nondiscrimination regime by preventing the government from directing employers to tell employees about their rights and responsibilities under law.
- A division of a Mafia crime family, led by a caporegime.
- (hydrology) A set of characteristics.
- A typical annual water level regime would include a gradual summer drawdown beginning in early May.
- Portuguese: regime