- IPA: /ˌɹɛɡjʊˈleɪʃən/
- (uncountable) The act of regulating or the condition of being regulated.
- (countable) A law or administrative rule, issued by an organization, used to guide or prescribe the conduct of members of that organization.
- Army regulations state a soldier AWOL over 30 days is a deserter.
- A type of law made by the executive branch of government, usually by virtue of a statute made by the legislative branch giving the executive the authority to do so.
- (European Union law) A form of legislative act which is self-effecting, and requires no further intervention by the Member States to become law.
- (genetics) Mechanism controlling DNA transcription.
- (medicine) Physiological process which consists in maintaining homoeostasis.
- German: Regeln
- French: règlement, réglementation
- German: Regelung, Regulativ, Bestimmung
- Italian: regolamento
- Portuguese: regulamento
- Russian: уста́в
- Spanish: reglamento
regulation (not comparable)
- In conformity with applicable rules and regulations.