- IPA: /ɹɛɡ.juː.leɪt.ə/
regulator (plural regulators)
- A device that controls or limits something.
- The voltage regulator stopped working and the resulting overload destroyed the device.
- A person or group that sets standards of practice, especially those established by law.
- A very accurate clock, used by clockmakers to measure the timekeeping of each newly made clock.
- (genetics) A gene involved in controlling the expression of one or more other genes.
- (rail transport) A device that controls the supply of steam to the cylinders of a steam locomotive.
- (historical) A bulldozer qual member of intimidating group of white US Southerners.
- Portuguese: regulador
- Spanish: regulador
- Portuguese: regularizador
- Russian: регуля́тор