- (America) IPA: /ɹɪˈɡɝd͡ʒəˌteɪt/
regurgitate (regurgitates, present participle regurgitating; past and past participle regurgitated)
- (transitive) To throw up or vomit#Verb|vomit; to eject what has previously been swallow#Verb|swallowed.
- (transitive) To cough up from the gut#Noun|gut to feed#Verb|feed its young#Noun|young, as an animal or bird does.
- The young gulls were fed by their mother’s regurgitated food.
- (transitive, by extension) To repeat verbatim.
- (intransitive) To be throw#Verb|thrown or pour#Verb|poured back; to rush#Verb|rush or surge#Verb|surge back.
- Food may regurgitate from the stomach into the mouth.
- (to throw up or vomit) vomit, throw up, cast, disgorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, upchuck
- See also Thesaurus:regurgitate
- Spanish: regurgitar
- Spanish: repetir textualmente