- (GA) IPA: /ˌɹilækˈseɪʃən/, /ˌɹɪlækˈseɪʃən/
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed; the opposite of stress or tension; the aim of recreation and leisure activities.
- A diminution of tone, tension, or firmness; specifically in pathology: a looseness; a diminution of the natural and healthy tone of parts.
- relaxation of the soft palate
- Remission or abatement of rigor.
- Remission of attention or application.
- relaxation of efforts
- Unbending; recreation; a state or occupation intended to give mental or bodily relief after effort.
- (physics) The transition of an atom or molecule from a higher energy level to a lower one.
- (music) The release following musical tension.