- IPA: /ɹɪˈmeɪnz/
- What is left after a person (or any organism) dies; a corpse.
- They buried the remains of their longtime friend in the town cemetery.
- The victim's remains were one small piece of bone.
- Historical or archaeological relics.
The extant writings of a deceased person.
- To his great intellectual powers his published remains bear abundant witness.
- All that is left of the stock of some things; remnants.
- He couldn't bring himself to eat the remains of the chicken dinner.
- French: dépouille, cendres, restes
- German: Gebeine, Überrest
- Italian: resti, spoglie, reliquia
- Portuguese: restos
- Russian: остаток
- Spanish: restos
- (rare) plural form of remain
- third-person singular form of remain
- We'll go ahead, while she remains here.