- (countable) A device used to operate an appliance (such as a television), vehicle or mechanical toy from a short distance away.
- (uncountable) A means of doing something from a distance.
- The bomb was detonated by remote control.
- French: télécommande
- German: (all senses) Fernsteuerung; (with non-vehicles more often) Fernbedienung
- Italian: telecomando
- Portuguese: controle, controlo remoto, comando, telecomando, controle remoto
- Russian: пульт дистанцио́нного управле́ния
- Spanish: telemando, control remoto, mando a distancia, control, mando
- German: Fernsteuerung
- Russian: дистанцио́нное управле́ние