- A consequence or ensuing result of some action.
- You realize this little stunt of yours is going to have some pretty serious repercussions.
- The act of driving back, or the state of being driven back; reflection; reverberation.
- the repercussion of sound
- Ever echoing back in endless repercussion.
- (music) Rapid reiteration of the same sound.
- (medicine) The subsidence of a tumour or eruption by the action of a repellent.
- (obstetrics) In a vaginal examination, the act of imparting through the uterine wall with the finger a shock to the foetus, so that it bounds upward, and falls back again against the examining finger.
- French: conséquence, répercussion
- German: Echo, Widerhall, Auswirkung, Nachwirkung, Rückwirkung
- Italian: conseguenza, ripercussione
- Portuguese: repercussão
- Russian: после́дствие
- Spanish: consecuencia