- IPA: /ˌɹɛp.ɹə.zɛn.ˈteɪ.ʃən/
- That which represents something else.
- The Venus of Willendorf was an early representation of the female body.
- The act of representing.
- We are no longer happy with your representation of our company at trade events.
- (legal) The lawyers and staff who argue on behalf of another in court.
- People who cannot afford representation are eligible for government assistance.
- (politics) The ability to elect a representative to speak on one's behalf in government; the role of this representative in government.
- The lack of representation in the British parliament was one of the main factors behind the American Revolution.
- (mathematics) An object that describes an abstract group in terms of linear transformations of vector spaces; (more formally) a homomorphism from a group on a vector space to the general linear group (group of all bijective linear transformations) on the space.
- A figure, image or idea that substitutes reality.
- A theatrical performance.
- (image, form) likeness
- Italian: rappresentanza