- IPA: /ˈɹiːwɜː(ɹ)k/
- The act of redoing, correcting, or rebuilding.
- They sent the assembly back to the shop for rework.
- (in particular, food manufacturing) Taking unsaleable food and using it in the manufacture of other food.
- Something redone, corrected or rebuilt.
- They received the rework back from the shop.
- Work done to correct defects associated with a deliverable product, plus any root cause analysis effort to identify the task(s) to be re-performed.
- The schedule has been pushed back because of the rework.
- (countable) An instance of reworking.
- IPA: /ɹiːˈwɜː(ɹ)k/
rework (reworks, present participle reworking; past and past participle reworked)