- (America, British) IPA: /ˈɹaɪ.vəl.ɹi/
- An ongoing relationship between (usually two) rivals who compete for superiority.
- The Boston Bruins have a longstanding rivalry with the Montreal Canadiens.
- James and Polly have a bitter rivalry due to the latter's inclusion in the Tea Time Teaser.
- (economics) The characteristic of being a rivalrous good, such that it can be consumed or used by only one person at a time.
- Common goods are those which are rivalrous in consumption but non-excludable
- Any competition between two or more things or factors.
- Binocular rivalry is a visual phenomenon in which perception alternates between different images presented to each eye.
- French: rivalité
- German: Rivalität
- Italian: rivalità, antagonismo
- Portuguese: rivalidade
- Russian: сопе́рничество
- Spanish: rivalidad