royalist (plural royalists)
- A monarchist (supporter of monarchy) or supporter of a particular royal régime.
- A legitimist, a supporter of a particular royal line, especially one in danger of being dispossessed of a throne or actually dispossessed of such, and claiming to have the better claim to the throne on the basis of line of descent; especially:
- (historical) a Cavalier, a supporter of King Charles I of England during the English Civil War.
- (historical) a supporter of the House of Bourbon, in France since the 18th century and especially during the French Revolution.
- (historical) a supporter of Ferdinand VII of Spain in Spanish South America during the South American Wars of Independence of the 1810s and 1820s.
- (supporter of a royal régime) basilean (obsolete)
- French: royaliste
- German: Königstreuer, Königstreue, Royalist, Royalistin
- Italian: realista
- Russian: роялист
- Spanish: realista