- (British) IPA: /ˈɹʌnt/
runt (plural runts)
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- (by extension) The smallest child in the family.
- the runt of the family
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- Synonyms: dwarf
- (networking) An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- (typography) A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- (obsolete, UK, dialect) A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
- Neither young poles nor old runts are durable. — Holland.
- A bow.
- Italian: (slang) piccoletto